background

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Mother's Day Book Hunt

As you know Mother's Day is approaching and I have been asked by my thoughtful husband what I would like for a gift.  I really want books.  Not just any books but books about birthing and motherhood.  I have two books on my list so far.  The Gift of Giving Life: Rediscovering the Divine Nature of Pregnancy and Birth written by a long list of LDS women. The other book is Spiritual Midwifery, written by Ina May Gaskin. 

Do you have any other suggestions?  I am trying to get prepared for natural birth mentally and spiritually.  I am also wanting to better myself as a mother for my daughter.  Any and all suggestions would be appreciated!  Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. Journey into motherhood:Inspirational stories of Natural Birth
    Giving Birth: A Journey into the World of Mothers and Midwives By: Catherine Taylor
    Pushed: The Painful Truth About Childbirth and Modern Maternity Care By: Jennifer Block

    I have not read any of these but they were recommended to me by a friend who does home births.

    ReplyDelete