background

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

I will have a VBAC

I haven't blogged on here for quite some time now.  I kind of gave up on whatever it was I was doing with it.  But now I would like to start up again and focus on something that is near and dear to me right now. 

I have one daughter who turned 2 in February.  She is an amazing, bright, little girl who is full of so much energy.  I love her with all my heart.  Because she is that amazing we decided to try for a second baby.  We found out we were pregnant with our second child right around her birthday.  I am currently 15 weeks pregnant and things are going well.

When I had Sunshine (our first child) I ended up having an emergency c-section.  (I will post her birth story at a different time).  I was devastated when that happened and have focused a lot of my attention the last 2 years on becoming more educated on all aspects of birth, specifically VBAC which is a vaginal birth after cesarean.  I have learned a lot about VBACs and have also learned a lot about natural birth.

I want to document my journey and hopefully find some other women who are going through the same thing.  It is exciting and scary at the same time.  A VBAC is all that I am hoping for with my labor and delivery this time around. I'd like to leave you with a quote from Ina May Gaskin.  It is a powerful truth and sums up why I want to have a VBAC.

"Whenever and however you intend to give birth your experience will impact your emotions, your mind, your body, and your spirit for the rest of your life."


No comments:

Post a Comment