background

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Mommies brag.

I have begun to notice the endless bragging that moms do.  I have also noticed how much moms try to top each others' kids' stories, accomplishments, failures - pretty much anything about their kids.  Why do we do this?  We brag about everything they do from rolling, sitting, crawling, and walking, to pooping.  When a mom starts her conversation with, "you will not believe what my baby did last night," you know the next mom will say something like, "well let me tell you the story when my baby did that."  It gets ridiculous sometimes I think. 

Yes, I am apart of this.  I wouldn't be a mom if I wasn't. 

When I go do my visiting teaching us women usually talk the whole time about our babies.  We talk about our pregnancies - whose was worse.  We discuss our labors.  And then we discuss anything and everything about our babies.  No matter what the topic we all have a story we can tell and we think is better than the others.

It's crazy right? 

Why do we feel the need to do this? 

I think we do this because our kids become everything to us.  And why wouldn't I want to brag about everything my child is doing to the lady in the supermarket whom my child is flashing her two tooth grin at?

So, if, for some reason, I brag on here about my child, forgive me.  It is a common occurrence.  Can you really blame me though?  My daughter really is the most adorable, smart, funny 6 month old.

1 comment:

  1. Brag, brag, brag all you want. I love hearing the new stories about Averie, my beautiful niece!

    ReplyDelete