background

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Sick and tir... - scratch that - exhausted!

My baby girl is sick.  Miserably sick.  There's nothing I can do about it either.  The Doc said she just has to "ride it out."  They told me to get her benadryll because it numbs the throat when swallowed so that she can have an easier time eating.  She has hand foot and mouth disease, which makes her sound like a leper.  Really, it's not that bad, but we are losing lots of sleep.  She has sores in her throat, on her arms, and on her legs.  The throat sores are the worst part, which make it hard for her to swallow.  She has been drooling like crazy because she doesn't want to swallow.

I am extremely exhausted.  Yesterday I slept maybe 4 hours and tonight I have slept like 3 hours while my husband cared for her.  Now it's my turn.  (We're taking shifts).  She won't sleep in her crib, she wakes up after a half hour screaming.  The best way to help her and one of us sleep is to just hold her.  She is exhausted too.  She can't get comfortable enough to get any kind of good sleep.  You would think the benadryll would knock her out, but it doesn't seem to want to work that way.

Basically I feel helpless as a Mom.  I can't really do much for her and it is heartbreaking.  I'm hoping that it won't take too long for her to get through this illness, but I will be here to dry her tears and rock her every second of the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment