background

Thursday, September 12, 2013

3 more weeks!

We are 37 weeks pregnant and have only 3 weeks until our guess date!  We are officially considered "full-term" but I think this baby needs some more time to fatten up. 

We've been busy with preparations.  The nursery is complete, her clothes are washed, and all baby gear has been cleaned and is ready to go.  Joe and I have been practicing relaxation techniques and I've been listening to my birth affirmations.  It is helping me stay more calm and less anxious as we wait for this baby's arrival.  Last night we took Sunshine to a Sibling Class at the hospital.  They talk to the big brothers and big sisters about what a baby is like and teach them some rules to follow.  Then they show them how to put a diaper on, wrap a baby in a blanket, and how to hold them.  They then take the kids on a tour of the labor and delivery unit and the mom and baby unit.  I think it was a bit over Sunshine's head, but she loved the class and is taking such good care of her baby doll.  She said yesterday, "We will go to big sister class and then baby will come out of your belly."  She is excited and I hope she does well when the baby does come. 

My body is definitely gearing up for the event.  I'm having more and more Braxton Hicks contractions that seem to last longer and longer.  I'm also having a lot of pelvic pressure, it hurts to walk for a bit after sitting.  Another thing that is new this time around, I've been having menstrual cramp-like feelings.  I try not to complain much about it all because it just means that my body is getting ready and that's a good thing.

One more thing I'm doing to "prepare" for this baby is pampering myself.  I've been seeing a chiropractor for the past couple of weeks which has helped me sleep so much better.  Tonight I am getting a prenatal massage.  I'm so excited about this, I love massages, they always make me feel amazing.  Next week I plan to get my haircut and get a mani/pedi.  After I'm done with all that this baby is more than welcome to join our family.

We are excited!  Thanks for all your support through this journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment